MARGUK (pronounced mar-gook) means to share/unite in the Boon Wurrung language.
The nature of ILBIJERRI’s work, original theatre that describes with empathy and honesty the experiences of Indigenous people living in Australia today, is inherently connected to learning and understanding. The MARGUK program bridges the gap between the classroom and the stage.
Like our artistic practice MARGUK begins with great theatre and powerful stories and places them at the centre of student learning and teacher professional development. The program will enhance and strengthen our existing artistic program.
MARGUK will position ILBIJERRI as a recognised and respected learning partner in schools and communities. It will help to bring our stories, messages and issues to young Australians, supporting to develop their intercultural awareness as the next generation of global citizens.
MARGUK is generously supported by Gandel Philanthropy & the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation.
MORE INFO: Kamarra Bell-Wykes Education Manager email@example.com
MARGUK aims to:
- Develop engaging and comprehensive education resources that reflect relevant AusVEL’s and VCE curriculum, designed to provoke and support students’ as they journey through the world of the play
- Offer face to face sessions/workshops with Indigenous actors, writers and theatre practitioners attached to school seasons of shows
- Program school seasons of some of our most revered and popular works
- Develop new works that are designed and delivered specifically for schools
- Generate collaborative projects with schools, theatre companies, health and Indigenous organisations
- Develop professional development opportunities for emerging Indigenous theatre artists
- Offer educators the support and resources to feel confident in understanding, exploring and teaching Indigenous theatre
BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY
Download an Expression of Interest Form if you would like more information about bringing a school group to BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY
View a sample of the Education Resource Pack available to students and teachers studying BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY