Associate Producers (Executive Mentorship)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Producer (Executive Mentorship) positions (x2) are exciting, full-time roles within ILBIJERRI Theatre Company, one of Australia’s leading theatre companies creating innovative works by First Nations artists.
The Associate Producer positions are ideal for two First Nations candidates passionate about producing a dynamic and bold slate of work whilst participating in a mentorship program to gain direct skills and experience in becoming a future CEO within the First Nations performing arts sector.
The ideal candidates will be strategic and creative thinkers with excellent written and verbal skills and a willingness to progress to executive roles with the company. We encourage applications from First Nations candidates from all levels of experience, from emerging to mid-career.
ILBIJERRI’s productions have toured to critical acclaim across Australia and the world. We challenge and excite our audiences with contemporary stories about what it means to be First Nations in Australia today. ILBIJERRI offers a holistic, family friendly and nurturing work environment with flexible working conditions and a commitment to collaborative and empowering ways of doing business.
Working directly with the Executive Producer, Artistic Director, General Manager and producing team, the Associate Producer will support the management and delivery of ILBIJERRI’s core business and strategic vision of creating, presenting and touring powerful and engaging theatre, creatively controlled by First Nations artists.
Included in the position is a structured professional development program where the Associate Producer will receive:
- An annual wage between $55,000 to $60,000 plus superannuation.
- Fully paid fees to complete training in compliance, governance and business management.
- Attendance at key international performing arts markets in ILBIJERRI’s engaged markets (USA, Canada, New Zealand).
- One-on-one external mentoring tailored to individual professional needs.
- Peer support through fortnightly facilitated training sessions across the sector.
- Cultural guidance and support through ILBIJERRI’s Elders-in-Residence program.
The Associate Producer will:
- Oversee the design and delivery of small to major scale works for presentation at a local, national and international level.
- Provide administrative support to the producing and Executive team.
- Assist the Executive Producer to oversee the daily operations and management of the company.
- Assist the Executive Producer to oversee the implementation of the company’s artistic program.
- Assist the Executive Producer to achieve the goals with the company’s strategic plan, corporate plan and international market development plan.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience and understanding of working with First Nations cultures and communities, particularly in relation to arts, and a commitment to furthering ILBIJERRI’s Mission in line with our Organisational Values.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the contemporary performing arts and First Nations performing arts sectors, and experience working with artists, performers and the creative process.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills.
- Organisational and management skills including the ability to plan, budget, manage, and evaluate activities and the performance of the organisation, or the ability to acquire these skills within a busy, fast-paced setting.
- A strong willingness to learn about the role of the CEO and the ability to learn quickly.
- If, after reading through the full Position Description, you have further questions about the role, please call Lydia Fairhall, Executive Producer on (03) 9329 9097or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application must consist of: 1) a one page cover letter outlining why you’d be perfect for the role, 2) a statement (two pages max) addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlining your relevant skills and experience, 3) an up-to-date CV (two pages max) and 4) the names and contact details of three professional referees emailed as a single PDF with your name and the position title as the document’s name. Please keep in mind that if you don’t address the selection criteria we won’t be able to assess your application.
- Applications should be sent by e-mail only to email@example.com by 3pm on Friday 17th of August, 2018.
- After the close of applications, shortlisting will quickly take place. To be fair to all applicants, no late applications will be accepted.
- While receipt of all complete submitted applications will be acknowledged by e-mail, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted personally.
- Interviews will take place between the 22nd and 23rd of August at the ILBIJERRI office. If you already know that you are unavailable at this time, please advise us in your covering letter.
This is an Indigenous Identified role only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
First Peoples of Victoria are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact: Lydia Fairhall, Executive Producer | T (03) 9329 9097 | E firstname.lastname@example.org