About the Role
The Company Manager is a full-time position within ILBIJERRI Theatre Company, one of Australia’s leading theatre companies creating innovative works by First Nations artists. The Company Manager will oversee all aspects of artistic administration, working closely with the producing team to undertake artist contracting, project and tour scheduling, travel logistics, and office support. The ideal candidate will be a talented administrator and communicator with excellent written and verbal skills and outstanding attention to detail.
ILBIJERRI’s productions have toured to critical acclaim across Australia and the world. We challenge and excite our audiences with contemporary stories about what it means to be First Nations in Australia today. This is an exciting role for a remarkable administrator wanting to grow alongside the company, with opportunities for unique professional development and advancement within the company. ILBIJERRI offers a holistic, family friendly and nurturing work environment, with flexible working conditions and a commitment to collaborative and empowering ways of doing business.
Working collaboratively with the Executive Producer, Artistic Director, General Manager and Producing Team, the Company Manager will:
- Support Producers and Associate Producers in the delivery of all projects and tours.
- Prepare all contracts for mainstage work, tours, creative developments, workshops and labs.
- Create and maintain accurate project/tour scheduling, fee payments and other project coordination processes.
- Coordinate pre-production of touring shows and ensure information/scheduling is successfully handed over to tour/stage/production managers.
- Book all travel including tours, creative developments, market attendance, and other.
- Book rehearsal, performance and workshop space and catering needs for all projects and events.
- Ensure information flow across the company by managing upkeep & maintenance of CRM and all databases and registers.
- Assist the General Manager is overseeing the smooth running of the office.
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience and understanding of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders/First Nations cultures and communities, particularly in relation to the arts.
- A commitment to furthering ILBIJERRI’s Mission in line with our Organisational Values.
- Knowledge and experience of the contemporary performing arts and First Nations performing arts sectors, and demonstrated experience working with artists, performers and the creative process.
- Outstanding attention to detail across multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people including artists, presenters, stakeholders and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- Demonstrated experience in arts administration, and/or tour implementation including the ability to plan, budget, oversee and evaluate projects in a fast-paced theatre company.
- Enthusiastic and hard-working attitude and a willingness to learn.
In addition to the above criteria, applicants for the Company Manager role should be self-disciplined, highly motivated, innovative and culturally aware.
FIRST NATIONS APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- If, after reading through the full Position Description, you have further questions about the role, please call Lydia Fairhall, Executive Producer on (03) 9329 9097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application must consist of: 1) a one page cover letter outlining why you’d be perfect for the role, 2) a statement (two pages max) addressing the Key Selection Criteria, outlining your relevant skills and experience, 3) an up-to-date CV (two pages max) and 4) the names and contact details of three professional referees, emailed as a single PDF with your name and the position title as the document’s name. Please keep in mind that if you don’t address the selection criteria we won’t be able to assess your application.
- Applications should be sent by e-mail only to email@example.com 3pm on 20 July, 2018.
- After the close of applications, shortlisting will quickly take place. To be fair to all applicants, late applications will not be accepted.
- While receipt of all complete submitted applications will be acknowledged by e-mail, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted personally.
- Interviews will take place on the 25 July 2018 at the ILBIJERRI office. If you already know that you are unavailable at this time, please advise us in your covering letter.