PRODUCER – SOCIAL IMPACT
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Social Impact Producer position is a key role within ILBIJERRI. The ideal candidate will be passionate about producing a dynamic and bold slate of work, dedicated to First Nations community development programming, and a strategic and creative thinker with excellent written and verbal skills.
The Social Impact Producer leads the delivery of a diverse program of new work, touring, artist development and community engagement. The role requires experience in project management particularly in contracting, scheduling, logistics, relationship building and budgeting, and the ability to support the development of new community cultural development and artist development initiatives and programs.
ILBIJERRI’s Social Impact projects use theatre to engage Community in positive social change and public health messaging. These projects tour to many venues including prisons, youth justice centres and health hubs, plus regional and remote Communities, in order to reach people who might not usually attend theatre spaces. The Social Impact Producer will have primary responsibility for supporting these projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Substantial experience in a similar role in an arts, health promotion, or community development context
- Experience in the development and implementation of strategies, plans and project briefs and assessing and mitigating risk.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using the arts as an engagement tool
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a First Nations community context, and to develop and manage appropriate models for facilitating community consultation and participation.
- Proven ability to supervise team members and provide skills development, training and mentorship.
- Proven ability to manage a dynamic workload and operate effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work at both a strategic and operational level.
DOWNLOAD POSITION DESCRIPTION
Please send your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Sarah Greentree, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday 1 November.
Image: Viral 2019