ABOUT THE ROLE
The Development Manager contributes to ILBIJERRI’s Development objectives with a focus on Fundraising and Individual Giving.
The Development Manager contributes to the research, coordination and preparation of applications, submissions and acquittals to philanthropic trusts and foundations, government agencies and departments, and international cultural funds.
The Development Manager works to actively research, identify, cultivate, engage and steward ILBIJERRI’s major and individual donors; secures gifts and corporate partnerships to achieve fundraising targets, and will, along with the Board and Executive, develop a Major Gifts Strategy.
The Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director/Co CEO and General Manager to ensure the success of ILBIJERRI’s Partnerships Plan.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Proven experience in Philanthropy, Development and coordination of philanthropic program activities within an arts-based institution or similar context (such as academic, cultural and community sectors)
• Highly motivated and culturally engaged; a genuine enthusiasm for First Nations arts and culture and a desire to make them accessible to diverse audiences
• Highly competent written and spoken communication skills, with an eye for detail
• Experience in writing grant proposals, budgets and acquittal reports
• Sound knowledge of philanthropic networks, practices and protocols
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise, and work efficiently to competing deadlines
• Tertiary qualification in Philanthropy and/or Arts Management, Business Studies, Marketing and Communications, or other humanities or substantial experience in similar position
• Proficiency in MS Office; experience working with InDesign or similar would be an advantage
• High level efficiency, systematic ability, organisation and ability to take initiative
• Strong inter-personal and stakeholder liaison skills
• Experience working as an effective member of a team with the ability to work flexibly, collaboratively and independently
• Discretion and judgment in dealing with confidential information
• Flexibility to undertake out-of-hours work as required
• Excellent research skills
• Strong commitment to developing innovative philanthropic programs and strategies
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience in database management and development
Download the Position Description
Applications must include:
• A cover letter
• A CV which includes contact details for 3 current referees
• A response to the Selection Criteria (three pages maximum) telling us about your relevant experience and why you would like to work with ILBIJERRI.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Please submit applications to email@example.com by no later than 9am Monday 25 January 2020.
Enquiries about the position can be directed to Graham Coffey, General Manager, on 0431 952 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org