ILBIJERRI Theatre Company is the longest-established First Peoples’ theatre company in Australia, celebrating 30 years strong in 2021. We create, present and tour powerful and engaging theatre by First Nations artists to audiences across Australia and the world.
As a fast-growing company, recently joining the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework (NPAPF), we are increasing our reach and influence across the performing arts sector.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ILBIJERRI has a team of Producers, who play a vital role in delivering a diverse program of new work, touring, artist development, community engagement, social impact and cultural regeneration.
This Producer role requires previous experience in producing live arts &/or workshops &/or community engagement work, including in contracting, scheduling, logistics, relationship building and budgeting.
The Producer works closely with the Head of Producing, Executive Director, Artistic Director and ILBIJERRI’s producing team to implement the day-to-day delivery of ILBIJERRI’s artistic programming, administer the creation and presentation of new work and touring, and support the development of new community and artist development initiatives and programs.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and People of Colour.
Applications from all suitable candidates are welcome, regardless of their culture, gender, sexual identity or perceived disabilities.
As per Victorian Government requirements, any person working on site must be up-to-date with their Covid-19 vaccinations, unless they have a medical exemption. As such, ILBIJERRI will require the successful candidate to verify vaccination or exemption certificate.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience and understanding of working with First Nations Cultures and Communities, particularly in relation to arts
- Experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated networks within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Australian arts community
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills, alongside practical producing, scheduling, contracting and budgeting experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse range of people including artists, presenters, stakeholders and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community
- Capacity to work autonomously, manage deadlines and show initiative
- Enthusiastic and hard-working attitude and a willingness to learn
In addition to the above criteria, applicants for the Producer role are expected to be self-disciplined, motivated, innovative and culturally aware, and possess a commitment to furthering ILBIJERRI’s Mission in line with our Organisational Values.
If, after reading through this document and visiting our website, you have further questions about the role, please contact Nina Bonacci on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit via email a single PDF with your name and the position title as the document’s name:
- a one-page cover letter about why you would be perfect for the role
- a statement of no more than two pages addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlining relevant skills and experience
- a brief up-to-date CV
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 3pm on Monday 11 July 2022
Please keep in mind that if you do not address the selection criteria or follow the application process, we will not be able to assess your application.
Please note that this position is being managed internally. Applications from recruiters will NOT be accepted.