Work With Us
ILBIJERRI Theatre Company and the Australian Performing Arts Market (APAM) are seeking an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidate to fill the position of Associate Producer, working across both organisations and under the guidance of our First Nations Advisory Group.
This is a full-time position for candidates passionate about the role of First Nations performing arts in the wider Australian and international sector. The role is employed by ILBIJERRI and works on a day-to-day basis within the APAM team.
The role is designed to be structured according to the level of experience of the applicant and we encourage both emerging and professional arts workers to apply.
Emerging producers will engage in a mentorship program alongside a dedicated senior producer/mentor to gain direct skills and experience in producing and market development, while an experienced producer will engage directly with the APAM team to curate, design and deliver a suite of activities that support the vision of the APAM Office and its functions.
The Associate Producer will manage a range of work including, project and event management, logistics, connecting First Nations artists to opportunities and presenters and facilitating APAM’s First Nations Advisory Group.
Benefits of the role
Included in the position is a structured professional development program where the Associate Producer will receive:
- Attendance at key international performing arts markets (travel permitting) in ILBIJERRI’s engaged markets (Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand).
- One-on-one external mentoring tailored to individual professional needs.
- Cultural guidance and support through ILBIJERRI’s Elders-in-Residence program and APAM’s First Nations Advisory Group.
- Salary range depending on experience + 10% superannuation
In working with APAM and ILBIJERRI, the Associate Producer will gain /achieve:
- The ability to produce small to major scale projects nationally.
- A strong knowledge of international market development, including collaboration, commissioning, residencies, exchanges and touring.
- Strong working knowledge and relationships with First Nations artists, communities, arts partners, funders, and other key stakeholders.
- Strong professional networks across the Australian performing arts sector.
- Hands-on experience in managing and delivering APAM related events including decision-making skills, strategic planning, resource management, administrative and financial management, and implementing multi-faceted projects and programs that align with APAM and ILBIJERRI’s vision and mandate.
To apply, please send an email containing the following document to email@example.com
- A covering letter outlining your interest in the role and experience to date
- Current Resume
Applications close 11am, 18th May 2021
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, including the Position Description, please contact Sarah Greentree, Ilbijerri Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 405 746